11/2/11

Granny squares with a twist


I had so much fun making a multi-colored granny square blanket for my nephew who was born this summer.  When I found out I was pregnant it was a no-brainer I'd make one of my own. In fact I started on my blanket pretty much right away! But I had something a little different in mind.


I'm making the squares using a sunburst granny square design. I like the way they look like giant polka-dots. I'm so inspired by using bold mixing and matching of colors. Deuce Cities Hen House has a great tutorial on how to make a blanket like this.


The fun part is that I've decided that I'm going to make all the multi-colored circles in the middle now, but I'm holding off on making them into squares with the connecting yarn. I'm going to wait until I know the sex of the baby and then use light blue or maybe navy for a boy or light pink yarn for a girl as the square and connecting color, depending on the sex of the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment