bohemian season. After soul-searching I've rediscovered my passion for writing fiction. I started this blog because I want to share the adventure with kindred spirits.
From books to movies, I find stories hard to resist. If you love books too, connect with me on GoodReads!
I’m in the process of writing a novel or two, so don’t be surprised if you find me waxing loquacious on the journey of writing and creativity in all its forms.
When I started this blog, I was traveling through Maybe Motherhood, uncertain if I'd ever be called "mama". Now I'm journeying through equally strange waters of becoming a mother for the first time.
Being “real” is important to me. No, I’m not going to show you pics of me in a bathrobe brushing my teeth. But I’m also not going to be all glossy and faux either. I aspire for a better life, but I’m honest about where I’m at.
Other random facts that will become apparent if you read my blog for any length of time
- If it's quirky, colorful, or bold I'm drawn to it.
- I use crochet for meditation
- I am obsessed with drinking tea in various incarnations - green, oolong, white, black, jasmine, lavender, coconut, vanilla, bergamot, lemon.
- I'm inspired by vintage and retro, modern and kitsch, minimalism and pop, glam and country, punk and pretty.
- I love Jane Austen and all manner of costume dramas, but I also crave a dose of Battlestar Galactica and Fringe too.
- I can't resist chick flicks, even when they're not as good as I wish they were. I'm a movie fiend and Netflix is my friend.
- I use long words - and you can’t stop me.
- Although I can go deep, I am not snooty or highbrow. I like to keep it real!
- I like to laugh a little. At myself a lot.
- I try to look on the sunny side.
- And I like happy endings.
- But sometimes life is bittersweet.
Find me on: