12/7/10

Writing: A year's retrospective

 *via mpclemens

When I started blogging a year ago, I was looking for my big passion.  I didn't expect it to just materialize only a few weeks later.  I didn't expect it to take over my life.  And I had no idea it would stick.  But it did, and I'm glad!

The moment that started my renewed passion for writing.  How is it possible one scene in an old movie set off this fire in my brain that hasn't stopped yet? Then there are the first highs - otherwise known as the honeymoon stage, leading to the first lows - when I wonder what I've really gotten myself into!

But then I decide I'm getting really serious - signing up for my first writer's conference. And the writer's conference turns out to be priceless but daunting.

I'm making progress and learning as I go, which is when I start over again with Novel #3 - Third time's the charm? And 100K word first draft completed - elation!

Now... time to muster my courage for re-writes...

And so it goes, on and on.  What will 2011 bring? Third drafts and query letters.  Maybe more first drafts.  More scary steps. More joy and hope... I hope! Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging.  Y'all are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment