1/4/12

Week 28 - Changes ahead

Yep. The photos still aren't my thing. So I'm going with embracing my flaws for the moment. Headless photo it is.

28 weeks. For those of you who don't keep up with pregnancy math - and I don't blame you, friends - this means I've now officially entered the third trimester. I'm considered "full term" in 9 weeks and "due" in 12 weeks.

How I'm feeling physically:
I'm feeling the shift into the third trimester - these subtle shifts in my body. Sometimes oddly breathless in the morning, although just fine when I workout. Neeeed afternoon naps again. When sleep calls I can't resist. Heartburn afflicts me almost every night. Plus the occasional Braxton Hicks contraction, which seems to hit in the middle of the night. It's also harder to get up from the couch, sit up in the bath tub, or bend over to tie my shoes.

And I'm seeing it too. I don't realize how big I've gotten until I see a photo and then it's sort of a "holy cow" feeling. And I have a new friend. I call her Chinnie. She gives my neck some extra softness when I smile. Although she's an amusing guest and I'm trying to be a gracious hostess, I hope she'll be moving along after I have this baby.

How I'm feeling emotionally:
I'm also feeling the changes emotionally. Some return back to the first trimester, those days when I felt unaccountably moody, a lack of motivation, when I wanted to snuggle up inside, not go out all day, ignore the ringing phone, not blog. I don't like feeling this way. It doesn't feel like "me", but I know it's just something I have to ride out.

I'm also at the point where it feels like this pregnancy has passed so quickly. Even though it hasn't. I've been pregnant for half of 2011! But it's almost over and I feel a twinge of sadness at so much being behind me now. But that's life isn't it? The bitter and the sweet? How can I simultaneously be eager to meet baby and yet sad that time has flown by?


Highlights:
  • On Christmas morning the first present I opened was from my husband, a pair of baby shoes and socks. A simple little thing. But it made me cry. It was a small gesture, but one that reminded me that he's excited about this baby too. I still feel teary just writing this now.
  • Buying the car seat. I wasn't excited so much at the gear, as I was to cross one big thing off my list! So many things on my list still to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment