6/1/10

Hello June


June... Seriously?  Seriously!  It can't be June already. That's a bit how I feel right now...

Things I'm looking forward to in June...

Summer movies - Yes, they are light as a pancake.  Yes, I am drawn to them like a moth to a flame, just like (most) everyone else.

And of course, sharing more of my favorite movies as I build out my Chick Flick Guide.


Texas Writer's League conference - and preparing for it - this will probably be my #1 focus in the next three weeks.  Problem #1 - defining exactly which genre I fit into.  Yikes.




*via Sterin - this is from the Anthropologie catalog shot in Austin that I never got a copy of :-(

The opening of Anthropologie in my hood!  Yes, I'm a dork like that. Anthropologie is now within a two-mile radius. This is either really, really good, or really, really bad. I have a love-hate relationship with this store.  I hate that I love almost everything in it.  I often feel so overstimulated that I wish I could shut down the store for two or three hours so that I could slowly comb through it undisturbed and take pictures of all the inspirations I see.  Sadly, this will not happen, so I must visit often and take mental pictures.


Reading for the second time - Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke.  I was just in the mood for it.  One of those moods when I wanted to cozy up with something I already knew I'd love. This book makes more sense in the fall than the summer, but who cares? And I'm still loving it the second time.  If you like a very fat book, chock full of stimulating vocabulary, the Brits, slightly archaic twisted writing style ala Jane Austen or George Elliot, and a touch of fantasy in your afternoon tea, you might like this one.

And soon, starting a new nail polish color collection inspired by the ocean!

Happy June!

1 comment: