6/13/12

(Re)igniting Creativity


I've felt a bit lost lately and not sure why. But I realized recently it's because I've been out of touch with my creative side for awhile now. I don't feel guilty about it. Life has ebbs and flows and having a baby definitely qualifies. But I'm missing it now, this side of me.

So I want to spend some time, "creative hour" I call it, a few times a week to bring it back.  I've started in a simple way, by spending time on Tumblr again, noticing what I love, what resonates with me and posting.

I've also made a list of ideas to express myself creatively again:
  • Free writing
  • List making
  • Writing a poem
  • Writing a blog post
  • Working on my novel(s)
  • Collage
  • Updating my bulletin board of inspirations
  • Making playlists, listening to music
  • Taking photos
  • Crochet
What do you do when you're feeling a bit dry creatively? Ideas for how to get back in touch?

1 comment:

  1. Knitting and making photo albums. Two months ago I finally undertook something I've had on my list for YEARS - culling the tens of thousands of digital photos from the last 10 years and putting them into albums and having them printed. God bless iPhoto, it makes it so easy. In the last 2 months I've completed 4 albums - one for each of the last 4 years, working backwards, which makes it seem less intimidating. I feel a real sense of accomplishment (and amazement that I've actually done it) with each one!

    ReplyDelete