10/24/11

Coffee table books

I am such a sucker for coffee table books. In the bookstore recently I found two that were very tempting.



Pattern by Orla Kiely
My Orla Kiely obsession was renewed by this beautiful book. I love the patterns, the creative color combinations I'd never think of myself and the midcentury mod sensibility. I'd love to have it just for ideas for crochet color combinations. This book is dangerous though. It makes me want more Orla Kiely. I spent the rest of the evening at home looking at Orla wallpaper. Wouldn't it be cute on one wall of the nursery? Hmmm... And then I was on to ebay to look at Orla Kiely bags.



Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Inspirations
And gosh darn it. When I heard Rachel Ashwell was coming out with a new book I will admit I thought "Really?" I mean I have owned almost every book she's written, but I just wasn't sure there was new territory to cover. But she really does it here. I still see Rachel's personality and style in the book, but it's a fair bit different than her past books. Less pink and pastel, but still shabby. And I love the lived-in casual styling of the photographs. I didn't think I'd be tempted to buy it. Until I saw it...

Anything you'd love to add to your coffee table?

3 comments:

  1. I am totally biased, (full disclosure: I work for Chicago magazine) but this is a really amazing collection of Chicago spaces:
    http://www.chicagohomemag.com/Chicago-Home/Promotion/Chicago-Spaces-Inspiring-Interiors-Coffee-Table-Book/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Orla Kiely...I was really lucky to get an Orla Kieley Pure radio for my birthday last year...it's a lovely retro style with her signature print on the leather that covers the front...I was really spoilt...

    I don't actually have a coffee table but I'm pouring over three Toast catalogues at the moment...especially the homeware one...I love their stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get Sibella Court's new book, Nomad!

    ReplyDelete