How I'm feeling physically:
- Again, pretty good. A little heartburn. The "belly" continues to feel more distinctive, not just a bloated feeling anymore, but like I'm carrying a water balloon inside.
How I'm feeling emotionally:
- Some hyper-drive this week. I went to Babies'R'Us - my first time since being pregnant - and wandered the aisles. I did a lot of identifying of what I was sure I didn't need - or at least wouldn't buy until I was sure I needed it. But I also left with a lot of questions and things to research. Needless to say, it was overwhelming. I feel like the next few months I have so much to do and read about and decide about diapering, clothing, sleeping, and eating. It's amazing how many decisions there are to be made, how many things there are to educate myself on, how many philosophies of child-rearing there are to sift through.
- Going through some emotional processing about motherhood - realizing that no matter what I choose on the many choices (discipline, diapering, sleeping, names, childcare, etc) there will be someone who disagrees or disapproves or just doesn't get it and I need to just accept that now and not let that sway me. I feel these things stirring already, and realize the most important thing will be doing what's right for me and my family and not worrying what everyone else thinks. Not always easy when you're an emotional radar detector.
Highlights of the week:
- Visiting Babies 'R' Us with my mother-in-law who came to visit and registering for a few things.
- I went to a meet and greet for a Doula collective. I haven't decided yet who I'm using, but it was a fun way to get started.