12/1/14

Dear Blog


Dear Blog,

I’m back. Yes it’s me, back at your doorstep. 

It’s a cold, rainy day, the shivering sort, and I’m soaked to the skin, hoping you’ll let me in, hoping you’ll forgive my long absence, and offer tea and comfort. 

I’m hoping you’ll sit me by the fire and offer me dry clothes, and only after the pink is back in my cheeks again, you’ll gently ask, “So my dear, where have you been, all this time? And are you here to stay?”

And I will tell you of my wanderings here and there, the times I’ve been lost, the times I was afraid to come back to you, for fear you would not recognize me or even refuse to open the door.

I will tell you how I’ve forgotten who I am or how who I am has changed, and I don’t really know which. 

And how I’m hoping to find myself again, that colorful slip of a girl with big dreams and wild ideas and romantic words - I’m hoping to find her and bring her back to life. 

She might be different now, but she is still mine to uncover, and dare, perhaps to share with you.

Dear blog, will you have me back again? 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: