So, I'm 38 weeks, friends. Statistically speaking, there is a 50% chance that baby will arrive by 2 weeks from now and a 75% chance that baby will arrive by 3 weeks from now.
In my last post I was afraid he might arrive before 38 weeks. Now I say, pish-posh. I'm having this intuition that it's not anytime soon. We'll see if my intuition is right.
How I'm feeling physically:
- I'm feeling big now. As in my belly feels big. It's not like I've had a sudden growth spurt, it just feels like there's no more room to spare. When I have Braxton Hicks or baby decides to stretch, it's like my whole torso has been hijacked.
- My digestive system is a broken down jalopy. I can't eat a lot and I can't eat the things I want to eat (or much of them). Embarrassing as it is to admit, this is stressful for me as food is one of the things in life I most enjoy. Just a few more weeks!
- I've been craving things that are cold and creamy and sweet. Ice cream. Especially Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream. Creamy pies. Cheesecake.
- Weird. My moods have been all over the place. Hot-tempered. Blue. Antisocial. Lonely. Touchy-feely. Anxious. Laughing. Industrious. Lazy. Happy crying.
- I cried the other day while listening to This Woman's Work by Kate Bush because I was thinking how labor was woman's work.
- I get weird late night restless spells when I know I should be in bed, but have unfocused mental energy and find myself randomly pouring over Tumblr and Facebook and online recipes, feeling as if there's something I should be doing, but not sure what, and not sure I want to do it anyway. (So if you want to spy real-time on me and see what I'm feeling, visit my Tumblr site.)
- Excited about a week ahead of rest, relaxation, visits with friends and nesting.
- And so anxious to finally see this little bobo (that's one of our nicknames for babies) face to face.
- Nesting. When the urge kicks in at full speed (usually about once a week) I get so much done and it feels sooo good. The car seat is now installed. The nursery is 98% done. And I'm even working on organizing the garage. Still more I want to do though!
- The last day of work. So very weird. Still haven't processed it. I've been working straight for 14 years, with the longest time off being 2 weeks. Is it any wonder I'm a little nervous? I'm glad I'm not working up to the due date though. Work has a way of distracting me from this imminent reality and it's time that I start to feel it. Now I feel more freedom to take care of my body and soul the way I need to and have the time to do the piddly things that will make me feel girl scout prepared.
- Bobo still has no final name. Does that bug me? Umm yeah.