I gave in to an urge. Not an urge I've had too often lately, thank goodness. But it ended up being a day where I drove away with a loaded trunk. Here's what came home with me (and the ridiculous reasons why):
- Red plaid wrapping paper that screams classic Scottish Christmas and manly libraries and the lining of sleeping bags on camping trips. Why do I buy things like this? It's not as if I'm putting on a classic Scottish Christmas. But someone will get a gift nicely wrapped in this natty paper.
- Perfectly pleasing gray yarn to add to my growing stash.
- A little globe that oozes vintage world traveler charm.
- A 1970s retro gold radio. I just liked the way it looked. Good thing, because it doesn't work. Now I feel rather like a doofus.
- And the elephant in the room - the gigantic ornate gold plastic clock that I couldn't resist. I plan to paint it a glossy punchy color and take out the clock.
- And my most favoritest of all. That rather ugly footstool that was only $3 is quite sturdy. And you see, it's going to become a charming homey little footstool when I'm done crocheting a cover for it inspired by the Wood and Wool Stool treatment.