1/25/10

It List: Orla Kiely


Orla, Orla, Orla.

Yes, I was aware of Orla Kiely before.  But I was not obsessed with Orla Kiely and it was not on my It List, until this bag came into my life.

I was in line to check out at the Goodwill outlet and found this little beaut. It immediately caught my eye and I gave it only a cursory once-over before deciding that YES, it would be mine. 



The bag started me on an Orla Kiely safari.  Suddenly my mind was full of her prints and wanting more, more more.  I wouldn't mind another bag.  And maybe some wallpaper or a throw pillow or a pendant lamp...

*beautiful wallpaper at dottie angel

I love how Orla Kiely takes such simple shapes and plays with color.  Needless to say I'm now following the I love Orla blog.  Ha!

A fun kid's room with stem wallpaper from Cookie.



And here's a picture of her office from the Guardian UK, you can read more about it there! 




This little new-found obsession is also resulting in a top-secret project, which will not be top-secret when I share it with you soon!

11 comments:

  1. I honestly LOVE this bag! I literally wrote down the name "Orla Kiely" so I can remember to look it up later...and I'm quite picky as to bags!

    Thanks for sharing and great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found an Orla Kiely bag at GOODWILL?!! You lucky girl! I have one that I bought on ebay, and I love it. Recently I bought a couple of pieces of her luggage from her site--they were on sale, and I was so excited when they arrived in time for our trip to London! Thanks for the link to the I Love Orla blog.

    ReplyDelete