12/5/09

Wiffle waffle


snowbars, originally uploaded by Wrote.
I decided to wait on professional design assistance, at least for a little while. I continued pondering what I wanted, checking out other blogs, and realized it wouldn’t make sense to get a bonanza blog designed right now, because I’m not yet sure what I want and what I need. 3 columns? 2? Widgets? Labels? I have no clue. So I think I’m going to sleep on it a bit and keep blogging at this low level for awhile.

Hey, I managed to create my own blog banner the super-low tech way with scrabble letters. Heaven help us. I’ve been going nuts the last several days, switching my templates on blogger and switching my banner photo and photo sizes in and out. I’m pretty sure I still have no clue what I’m doing. But hey! I’m doing it. And if there is one thing all of this is reinforcing for me is that it’s often better to take action, to take steps forward in life, even if I don’t know exactly what I’m doing. That’s sometimes hard for me to do. So this is almost an exercise in forcing myself to do it.

And to remind myself why that's good, here’s a list of a few things I ended up being glad I tried:

  • Indian food
  • Thai food (oh no, this isn’t going to be all food is it? That’s why I needed the next one on the list!)
  • Kettlebells
  • Twitter (glad I tried it, not really sure it’s for me though)
  • New assignments at work (growth, baby, growth!) (btw, don’t expect me to talk about my job much here!)
  • Making earrings (very, very fun, even though I haven’t done it in ages)
  • Digital photography (goodbye forever to film)
  • Making my first tart at Thanksgiving

p.s. This lovely snowy photo is in honor of our transitory snowfall yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment