How I'm feeling physically:
- "Oh, my bootie. My booootie!!!" I say this alot. When I'm shifting my weight or getting up from a chair. Thanks, tailbone pain. The baby is apparently head down and sitting extra low, so maybe that's why.
- I passed my 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. Yippee! No gestational diabetes.
- Chinnie is getting a little more prominent. And he has friends now - Roly and Poly - they like to hang out on my back. And Dimples. She's keeping my thighs company. I don't feel like I'm getting radically larger - just fuller, doughy. Man, I hope this is all that extra blood they say is in my system.
- Maxi dresses. I wish that I had bought into this trend this summer. Because now I wish I had them. A lot of them. I have been hunting for maxi dresses with wiggle room that aren't maternity, giving me a shot at wearing them in the fourth trimester.
How I'm feeling emotionally:
- Up and down. At times I feel vulnerable. Recently on a Saturday, the baby wasn't moving as much as he normally does. I was cool at first. But when he continued not to move I got nervous. I talked to baby, begged him to kick me. Nothing. Then I got upset. Then freaked. I called my husband while driving down the highway at 60 mph crying. It hit me. Hard. Just how attached I am to this baby and how much it would hurt to lose him. I'm not dwelling in that place every day, but when it strikes, it's intense.
- At times I feel moody, when all I want to do is nest and nap and hang on the couch. I just want to "be" with my body and process everything happening. It's hard to think right now, to do the brain-stimulating work I still need to do.
- And at times I feel so excited about the weeks to come! Setting up the nursery. Baby showers. Spending time with special people. Wrapping up work. And inching closer. Closer. Closer.
- Going to ParentExpo at Get Babied and winning an awesome (bright red!) Britax stroller and car seat from The Bump Club. Double awesome because I had been dreading picking out a stroller (too many variables!). It was a surprise, a bright spot because this was the day the baby wasn't moving for awhile and then this came at the end of it. Such a roller coaster of emotion that day.
- Going to a meet and greet at a pediatrician and realizing that I was going to have a real life baby soon - out here - in the real world!
- Going to Ikea (with my gracious parents who helped haul to my house) and buying furniture for the nursery. It is a relief to know the boxes are in my garage... waiting to be assembled. Let the games begin.