Another not-exactly glamour shot. Oh well.
How I'm feeling physically:
- Great. Except I still need a nap now and then.
- Hungrier than usual. This "you only need 300 extra calories a day" thing is hard to believe when your body is saying "taquitos, taquitos!" I've had an increased interest in food since the morning sickness left. It's like "hello, old friend!"
- Happy to say I'm in week 14! 6 weeks until I find out whether we're having a boy or girl.
- Pretty good, except when I get cranky. Over-stimulation is not my friend and I'm more sensitive to it now. My brain feels slower. This of course prompts me to worry: Umm, over-stimulation is a problem for you? How are you going to handle a crying babelet in the middle of the night?
- Starting to process thoughts and feelings about birth. Some people have advised me not to think about things too early, but I mull. I research. I ponder and soak things in. My husband says I like to anticipate. I want to be mentally and emotionally ready when the time arrives.
- I was annoyed when the maternity store I wanted to go to just closed for a month because they're moving. I really wanted some skinny jeans (oxymoron) to wear with boots. But this turned out to be a good thing, because I ended up going to Forever 21 instead, yes, Forever 21. They now have maternity clothes. Umm... maternity clothes at a store called Forever 21? But it turned out they had nice cheap basics I was happy with. Posh maternity store? Totally unnecessary.
- When my husband looked over at me in the car - he was staring at my belly and then he said "Is it supposed to get big that fast?" I don't think it's suddenly gotten huge, but it's now more obvious from certain angles.
- Hearing the heartbeat at the doctor's office. It's been 6 weeks since I heard it last, so it was a bit of a relief to hear it galloping along.