9/14/11

Which boots?


This Anthropologie mailer showed up in my inbox and my first playful thought was which pair would I pick if given the choice? And I was rather curious which pair you would pick?

It was an exercise in fantasy, because I don't know if you've ever seen the price tags on Anthro boots, but it's more than this middle class girl is used to paying. I had just about decided that I would pick the pair to the far left with the sandy suede and contrasting butterscotch trim. But then I thought that everything changes when you try something on. What if it turned out I loved the shiny chocolate boots the most?

Have you ever had that experience? Something seemed divine in a store window but was ill-fitting or most decidedly "not you" when you tried it on? And something you didn't expect suddenly seemed perfect?

It seems we never know what is exactly the right fit, until trying it on. And doesn't that apply to everything in life? We are window shoppers, walking past possibilities and fantasies, imagining how they'd look on us - but we never know for sure until trying it on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those two are my faves as well, in that order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally go for the red one. I totally dig red boots, I don't know why.
    If I only got the money ;)

    artandloveandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete