The woman in the picture:
a) Is proud of her well-rounded tummy
b) Is desperately trying to prove she has a baby bump
c) Cried after she took the picture
d) All of the above
Yes, I did cry after I took the picture. And you should see the picture I deleted. I'm so silly. I didn't like my picture. I had an eye infection and couldn't wear makeup and I wanted to be pretty for my pregnancy photo. So I cried. And my photographer (husband) comforted silly me.
So the next day I tried to take another picture on my own. In this one I'm headless. Nice. Seriously, I feel like a dork because I want to take pretty pictures of myself and my family like other bloggers I see. (Ruh-roh, raggy, comparison disease!) I want to have these fun happy pretty photos of myself preggers and instead I feel like a non-photogenic lump. Well. I'm resisting that desire to be purrfect and sharing my dramedy with you anyway.
How I'm feeling physically:
- Other than the burpies and the occasional pressing need for a nap or a bathroom break, I feel great. Bye-bye first trimester suckage.
- Occasionally moody and overwhelmed.
- Still sometimes feel like "Am I really pregnant?" It's weird, to have my heart and mind so pre-occupied and yet most people can't even tell by looking at me and I can't feel any movement.
- I'm starting to be more settled in the fact that I'm pregnant, but anxious to have my next doctor's appointment. I hope I'll feel more confident when I hear the heartbeat again.
- Seeing my friend Amy, who's 27 weeks pregnant, eating chocolate pie and sitting around having pregnant lady chat.
- Buying my first pair of maternity jeans - not sure this is anything to get psyched about. I don't even look pregnant. It's just that the waistband of my skinny jeans is much too binding. Stretchy pants are beginning to loom on the horizon.
- Letting out the news to extended family, friends, work and on the blog. It feels good to not be keeping secrets anymore.