6/14/11

What would you like to do, right this minute?


I had a dense writers' conference recap blog post planned for today, but it can wait.  I'm in the mood to dream instead. So a question for you:

Right now, today, this very minute, what would you like to do?

Me - I'd like to head somewhere chilly and foggy near a seaside with cliffs and green hills and fat woolly sheep and zero cell phone reception.  I'm thinking Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales.  I'd stay in something resembling a cottage or a manor or a country house.  I'd pack my suitcase full of books and jeans and sweaters and rain galoshes and dark chocolate. During the day I'd take naps beneath eiderdown and rambling walks with my camera.  At night I'd sit by a wood fire and drink chamomile tea while reading gothic romances and listening to the sound of rain on the roof.  I'd like to just be still for awhile.

Your turn.
If you could do anything today, what would it be?

6 comments:

  1. I would like to be at home at my couch, crocheting a muffin for my new summer decoration ;-) Through the open window to my balcony I can see the flowers outside and the sun is shining... ;-) Cheers, Eri

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness!We must be alot alike.Thats what I day dream about all the time.Exactly what I've been wanting to do.Please drop by any time,if you like stay awhile and follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been browsing your blog and all the books you love.I don't know if it's my age or what but I'm always sad that I can't remember all the authous names and titles of books that I've adored through the years.I can remember each story and all the charactors,they stay with me always.Ask me the name of the book,well it's lost with all the other brain cells.I would love to recapture each title and author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cannot imagine why you'd be daydreaming of escaping the blinding heat of a Texas summer! ;-)

    After ten days here myself, I wouldn't mind a break from the heat in the form of a good ol' Texas thunderstorm - one that left the earth smelling most and clean and was trailed by a late afternoon rainbow and cool breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I am dreaming of curling up on my couch this afternoon. I would also like to frolic in some field but it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your dream sounds lovely ... I could easily see myself there.

    ... but if I try to come up with my own, it would be staying in a glass front cabin right beside the ocean ... in winter, when the water is cold, grey and glassy ... and the beach is deserted ... oh what bliss, and in such a place I could write and write and write.
    :)

    ReplyDelete