*via Marcin Wichary
So I'm just wrapping up the Declaration of You course - still processing and want to share more, but one of the exercises we did involved trust - finding things you can trust in the middle of the big unknowns. I ended up discovering that when I dial into what I do know, it gives me enough to keep moving forward.
What I do know:
- Moments pass. Frustration is never forever.
- Whatever is bugging me today will not be bugging me in 6 months, something else will.
- Whatever is bugging me today I’ll be unlikely to remember in 3 years, and if I do I’ll probably be laughing at it.
- I’m capable of handling more than I think.
- Reality almost never lives up to my fears.
- I’m usually holding myself back because of fear – often fear of what others will think.
- And other people think way less about me than I think! They’re just as afraid of rejection and judgment as I am.
- Most people love another person who smiles and is interested in them! :-)
- But there will always be haters. And those people don’t matter – they’re not my people anyway.
- If I live my life to please everyone, I’ll please no one – and especially not myself.
- Life is short and fleeting. Regrets suck. And most of my regrets are from NOT doing things out of unreasonable fear.
So... What do you know?