10/7/10

My perfect protest

My friend Amy told me about The Perfect Protest... she knew I'd dig it.  So I thought about doing my own protest to perfection.  I sat around thinking, thinking, thinking about what I'd say.  And then I realized I just wanted to share this song by Marina and The Diamonds.  It's been rolling around in my head lately.  It's a catchy song, but I love the words. Because guess what? I'm vulnerable - And I am not a robot.



I never thought of myself as a perfectionist.  I'm not the type to worry about tiny details.  But in the past year I've started to see that perfectionism has its hooks in me.  Because you see, I'm often afraid to fail and my fear is totally out of proportion.  And fear of failure's been holding me back in life.  It makes it hard to try new things at work, to learn new crafts or sports, to make new friends, write a blog,  or even write a novel! So I'm trying a new approach that welcomes failure, even when it hurts, because I know it's part of the process.  Failure is not a stop sign, it's mile marker.

I'm a human being, not a robot.  And that's okay!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just found you and oh my.. that is an (excuse my language) awesome F'ing song!!! Thank you for sharing that!!!! :) Nice to meet'cha!

    ReplyDelete