While thinking about October I realized I have no substantial plans. Nothing flashy or exciting. Or even a little bit exotic. Am I getting dull again? Is it time for another crafty class? Another adventure?
The thing is... I am writing like a maniac. Every night, I am on my little computer, typing, typing. It is utterly dull to blog about and absolutely essential for me right now.
So in the meantime, these are the small things that will fill my days in October:
- Enjoying the weather. Why don't I go out for a walk already?
- A little blogging surprise I am super, super excited about!
- Going to see some chick flicks with my chick flick friend. We have our eye on Life As We Know It and You Again. We might even make it a double feature.
- Trying to get to know my characters inside and out and writing another 30K words on "Story C". That would put me at 67% done with the first draft. Surely that's a good thing.
- Getting the garage clear enough to at least park the car on one side. We're almost there, we're almost there.
- Reading something utterly self-indulgent. I have tried to read several things that were on my "should read" list lately and failed. Although I have my excuses, it does take time to write... However, cool fall nights are the perfect time to curl up with a book and I think I'll be curling up with the new book by Galen Beckett: The House on Durrow Street. I really enjoyed the Magicians and Mrs. Quent. It was completely strange and enjoyable at the same time in an odd blend of Austen, Bronte, adventure and magic, and ever since I've been waiting for a sequel. My Kindle is downloading it as we speak...
- And lastly (and this does qualify as my one exotic thing), I'll be taking an e-class on Overcoming Sugar Addiction. And before everyone freaks out... let me just say that I am not some moralistic high-horsey person about these things, neither am I a perfectionistic nutrition nut. I am totally human. I just happen to be a human who turns to sugar to deal with almost everything and I'm tired of it. And the idea of going off it for longer than a couple of months scares me to death. I don't know if I'll be writing much about that here... just thought I'd share my one exotic item of the month.